Error 1402. Could not open key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARECLASSESPDF.PDFCTRL.6CLSID. Verify you have sufficient access or contact support personnel.
This error occurs if you don’t have write access to the above registry key. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Click Start, Run and type regedit.exe
- Navigate to the following branch:
- On the Edit menu, click Permissions.
- Select your user account from the list, and ensure that Full Control permissions is set to Allow.
- Select Administrators group from the list, and give then Full Control permissions.
- Click the Advanced button
- Select Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects.
- Deselect Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here
- Click Apply, and then click Yes when you are prompted to continue. Click OK, and then click OK again.
- Exit the Registry editor.
Try installing Acrobat Reader now.