When a Windows XP-based computer is running low on disk space, you receive a “Low Disk Space” message that, when clicked, starts the Disk Cleanup Wizard.
You are running very low on disk space on [drive]. To free space on this drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click here.
To disable low disk space checks, follow these steps, log off, and then log on again: Follow these steps, and then quit Registry Editor:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type NoLowDiskSpaceChecks, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- Type 1, and then click OK.