– Click on Start, Run and type the following command in the open box and click OK
– Find the Automatic Updates service and double-click on it.
– Click on the Log On Tab and make sure the “Local System Account” is selected as the logon account and the box for “allow service to interact with desktop” is UNCHECKED.
– Under the Hardware Profile section in the Log On Tab, make sure the service is enabled.
– On the General Tab, the Startup Type should be Automatic, if not, drop the box down and select Automatic.
– Under “Service Status” on the General tab, the service should be Started, click the Start button enable it.
– Restart Windows